Let's get to know each other a bit more. Here are a few random facts about me. I'd love to know more about you!
- I moved to LA so I could get away from the snow in Colorado, now 80 degrees is too hot and 70 degrees is too cold.
- I’m really good at making friends on airplanes.
- I met my girlfriend in Thailand on a beach at midnight (she’s American too). We had pre-booked our hotels and found out that it was the same hotel and that hotel put our rooms next door to each other. Total coincidence.
- I’ve never had a hangover.
- My very first paid photography gig was photographing children sports and selling the pictures back to their parents. That was 10 years ago.
- I basically grew up with a tennis racquet in my hand.
- I used to drum for a rock band called Fashionably Late.
- I don’t like watching previews of movies because I think it gives too much away.
- I’ve had every iPhone since the first generation.
- I’m a middle child.
- I used to gamble at pool tables for chocolate milk.
- Any scene in a movie that has to do with parent-child love I will probably cry whether it is a cartoon or blockbuster.
- I write down my to-do list in the morning and love crossing things off as the day goes by
- I filmed a daily video blog for 100 days. One of the most challenging and reward things I’ve done.
- For the last 3 years, I’ve done a 1-second video every day and I watch the whole year back at the end in 6 minutes. What an emotional rollercoaster.
- I almost never get stressed, my friends call me the Xanax drip because I calm them down.
- I once did my own boudoir/ dudeoir shoot to understand what my clients are experiencing when they book with me.
- The only two green foods I like are avocado and gummy bears.
- I've been flown to everywhere from Puerto Rico, to Cabo, to Spain to film destination weddings but I gave it all up to focus on boudoir because I believe it is such a transformational experience.
- My guilty pleasures are buying things from Amazon and Girl Scout cookies. If they only sold Girl Scout cookies on Amazon...
Sometimes we only see the surface of someone else's life. The most common story I hear made up is from women looking at my past clients. "Oh, they must not have any confidence issues. They must always feel beautiful and photogenic. They must not be shy. They must look perfect all the time." We seem to make up our own story about that person's life that doesn't include the many other parts of their life. Maybe they were bullied when they were younger. Maybe they recently lost a lot of weight. Maybe they just got out of a divorce. You don't see these in the pictures. You only see the beautiful woman that they are. It is one of my favorite things about Boudoir.
I'm sure your list of random facts is full of things no one else could imagine. Just for fun I challenge to write down 10 of them. What are 10 random facts about who you are?